Monday, July 11, 2011

Lately things have been so overwhelming for me that I have become very stressed.  Last week was my birthday and Roger was so sweet to take me on a short little vacation to our favorite spot in North Carolina.  We enjoyed looking at the Fine Arts Center on the Blue Ridge Parkway and many antique stores.  It was also a nice time to just relax and enjoy each others company.   We really had a great time and I was so relaxed by the time we got home.  But, by Wednesday when I went back to work I started getting stressed again.  Of course, I did because none of my problems had disappeared while I was gone.  I still had a job that to me is very stressful at times and my daddy is still not doing well.  Sometimes I feel like a rat in an exercise wheel.  I keep running around in circles but I'm not getting anywhere.  Yesterday it hit me that I need to learn to turn all of my problems over to God.  Of course, I should have already known that, but it is so hard for me to do this.  I need to make sure I am putting Him first and then the rest of my day will fall into place.  Sure, I will still have stressful days at work and sure my loved ones will be hurting but I can rest in Jesus knowing that He is in control.Here is a verse that really spoke to me today:
O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is."
Psalm 63:1

No comments:

Post a Comment