Sunday, August 5, 2012

Homemade Vicks Shower Disks

I have been suffering lately with allergies that have just been out of control.  So, I decided to try something that I found on Pinterest:  Homemade Vicks Shower Disks.  I am still waiting on mine to dry so as soon as they are ready I will give them a try in the shower.  Here's how I made mine:

Baking soda
Water
Eucalyptus, rosemary and lavender essential oils
muffin tin
muffin liners

Add baking soda to a mixing bowl -- I didn't really measure but maybe about a cup.  I slowly added water until I made a thick paste.  I added about 10 drops of eucalyptus oil (I could not find the rosemary or lavender essential oils at this time).  I spooned these into a muffin tin (I tried regular size muffin tin and mini muffin tin to see which size I liked the best)  Let them dry over night and then pop them out of the liners.  I now have mine out of the liners and drying on some waxed paper.

I will update after I try these in the shower to let you know how they worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment