Sunday, August 14, 2011

Spiritual Retreat

This summer has been a very stressful summer.  It seems to have had one bad thing after another and I was just tired.    We were getting ready to leave on vacation and I wasn't even sure if we would be able to go because of different things that were going on, car trouble and our parents having health problems.  But Roger insisted that we needed a break so we continued on and I am so glad that we did.  A couple of days before we left I was listening to 106.9 radio station (my favorite station) and they mentioned having a spiritual retreat at the Billy Graham place in North Carolina.  I knew that was impossible for me, but then I realized I could have my own spiritual retreat.  I downloaded lots of great uplifting podcasts and I just took the time while we were gone to recharge my life.  I also realized that I can continue doing this at home.  (I know you would think that was obvious, but I was a little slow realizing it!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment