Saturday, June 2, 2012

God Story

Over the past few days on a board that I frequent people have been talking about their God story.  One person commented that she looked forward to telling her God story when it happened.  Well, I think everyone has a God story to tell.  A lot of times we can only see God working in our life when we get what we have been praying for but we have to acknowledge that God may have answered our prayers but by saying not right now or maybe even no.  I know that no one likes to hear the word no, but I am so VERY thankful that God did not give me everything that I thought I wanted through my lifetime.  How many of us can remember praying for things only to realize many years down the road if we had been given that one thing we wanted and thought was the best thing for us that we would have missed out on such a great blessing from God.  God knows what we need when we need it and we need to make sure that we are in God's will.  I know I am guilty of praying for something and then I think that God is not working fast enough for me so I take it upon myself to "help" God.  God only needs our help when we are following His will not our own will.  We live in such a rich country and how often do we stop and thank God for what he has done for us?  No, so often we sit around and complain because we don't have this or we have to do this.  How many times are our things controlling us?  

No comments:

Post a Comment