Thursday, May 3, 2012

End of the School Year

We are closing in on the end of the school year for Abbie.  I can't believe she is almost finished 7th grade!  I have started planning for 8th grade and I "think" I basically have our plan for next year.  We will continue with our Spanish which we really enjoyed and learned a lot.  For our Math we are using Teaching Textbooks Algebra and also some Life of Fred.  She really likes Life of Fred and I think it is good for her to be able to see how you can use math in everyday situations.  At the end of her 7th grade year we tried South Carolina history from SOS.  I wanted to give it a try to see how we liked it and it looks like it will be a good fit for us next year.  So, I have purchased and am anxiously waiting her history and Literature for next year from SOS.  She will continue taking Keepers of the Faith at our homeschool co-op and she will also be taking Speech and General Science at our co-op.  Can't wait until we start 8th grade, but wow the time has flown by!

No comments:

Post a Comment