Saturday, January 2, 2010

January 2, 2010

I think God is trying to teach me a lesson on patience and not complaining. Today I went to Wal-Mart and let's just say the experience was not enjoyable. When I came home I happened to read chapter 11 in Numbers. This chapter deals with the people complaining and then Moses complaining to God. The people were complaining of the manna that God provided for them to eat. In my reading today it seems that the manna could be prepared in so many different ways but yet the people were tired of it. How many of us are like that in that we get tired of studying the Word of God. So many people are trying to find happiness in other things when all we need is God. We can read the same stories in the Bible over and over and God can show us so many new things. I've heard the Bible described as an onion with so many layers and that is so true. We need to continue to study God's word (isn't it amazing that we have God's word) and try to live as He would have us to live. So, today when I was losing my patience in Wal-Mart and then in Wendy's (but that is another story) I need to remember that I should always be a witness for Jesus.



On the organizing side today, I was able to declutter my computer desk. Before I go to bed tonight my kitchen sink will be shiny and I will know what I will be wearing to church tomorrow. Flylady is slowing making an impression on me! Slow and steady should help me with my organizing and by the end of the year I will reach my goal!

1 comment: