Sunday, January 3, 2010

January 3, 2010

We had a really nice time at church this morning. Roger preached from Ephesians 6: 10-20 on putting on the armour of God. I feel that God is really speaking to me on increasing my prayer time. I need to make sure I pray and I also need to make sure that I stop and listen to what God is telling me. I often think I'm too "busy" to really listen to what God is saying. I'll quickly say my prayers and then I'm off doing something else. Roger also mentioned on how we should think about how the people in the Bible felt as they were doing things. He specifically mentioned how the apostles felt during the Lord's Supper. I think this will be a great new way to continue studying the Bible and to possibly hear more of what God is telling me. Next Sunday Brooke and Rene (the missionaries our church helps to support) will be here to tell us all about their mission work. I am really excited to hear everything they have been doing.

Tonight our message was from Colossians 4. We need to learn to walk a walk that reflects Jesus in our life. I have to ask myself, do I always do this?
Paul talks a lot about prayer. We need to continually talk to God. Do we only pray for big things? Do we only want to talk to our true friends about big things? No, we want to talk to our friends about everything just like we should want to talk to Jesus about everything.



I also managed to take the time to exercise on the Wii Fitness Plus today. I have found that I really enjoy the step dance and the different jogging trails. Of course, on the down side my Wii Fit age today was 50! Okay, I'll be there in six months but I'm not quite 50!

No comments:

Post a Comment