Sunday, January 31, 2010

January 31, 2010

So far today has been a very nice day. I have a few new goals for myself so I hope to start blogging more about them to help hold myself accountable.


My first goal is: I want to start keeping tabs on how I spend our money. I saved most of our receipts for January and today I put everything into the computer so I know how much I spent on groceries, gas, gifts, clothes etc. I think this should be interesting to see how much I spend on everything and maybe be able to save a little money. I've also started a price book so I will know how much different foods cost at different grocery stores.


Another goal of mine is to start making more bread and try new recipes for bread. I really enjoy making yeast rolls and this is the recipe I used today:

2 1/2 cups water
2 Tbls. yeast
3 Tbls. sugar
1 Tbl. salt
1/3 cup oil
6 cups flour

Mix yeast and warm water and allow to sit for a few minutes. Add remaining ingredients and let your mixer knead the dough until it is a soft dough. Let it rise in mixer. Punch down every 10 minutes by turning on the mixer. Do this 4-5 times. Shape into rolls and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment